Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Spotlight on Nadine Veroba - Claudia in Nine

Hello Nadine.  Who are you playing in this production of Nine? I have the opportunity to play Claudia in NINE. She is an actress and is Guido’s muse. Claudia has been a wonderful character to get into. One of the things I have been doing in preparation has been studying famous women of the 1960’s to get a feel of how they would walk and carry themselves. Claudia is full of grace and elegance, and that is what I am trying to portray.

Why did you audition for the show? I was very excited when I saw that Walterdale was doing NINE. This theatre is very respected and I wanted the opportunity to work within it.

How long have you been involved in theatre? My passion for theatre started when my parents took me to my first production Les Miserables at the Jubilee Auditorium when I was 5. I knew at that moment that all I wanted to do was be on stage. I took part in the Foot Theatre Schools at the Citadel Theatre while I was young, and from there took the opportunity whenever it was given to me to be on stage. I studied music at both Grant MacEwan and the U of A. I am also a performer in Musicalmania! based out of St. Albert for the last ten years.

My goal for theatre is to simply be doing it as much as possible. It is a big part of who I am and I hope to continue performing in different shows and venues for as long as I can.

What is your favorite thing about this production? My favorite thing about the production so far is the amazing people I have met. The talent of the cast and the production team constantly blows me away. It really is an honor to be a part of it.

Do you have any theatre secrets to share? I will tell a secret about my shoes. I have a lucky penny that I have taped inside my shoe that I wear for whatever show I am in. I had found the penny before my first big high school performance of Fame and I have worn it ever since!



* Photo above supplied, photo to the right by Janine Hodder

No comments:

Post a Comment