Total Pageviews

Friday, June 1, 2012

Spotlight on Kelly Webber - Annabella in Nine, The Musical

What is your role in this production? In Nine, I play an Italian woman named Annabella, who is a fan of Guido. I am also part of the chorus which involves lots of singing and dancing.

Why did you audition for Nine? I have heard some great things about Walterdale, and I thought I would get involved. I had read the script and listened to the music before the audition and quickly fell in love with it. The story is different and interesting, that covers all emotions of jealousy, remorse, sadness, love, etc, and is still able to make you laugh. A couple of friends from school auditioned with me, and I'm happy to say we all got into the show!

What is your background in theatre? This is my first production at Walterdale, and so far I have had a great experience. I hope to be back again sometime! As for other theatre experiences, I recently graduated from MacEwan University, where I was involved in Xanadu, Vernon God Little, Merrily We Roll Along (Jim Guedo) and Thebans (Jennifer Spencer). My first musical experience was in Bye Bye Birdie in high school, but I have been training in dance for 16 years.

What is your favorite thing about the production so far? I have met some amazing, talented people that I hope to keep in my life for a long time. I also get the opportunity to sing new, different music. It has been a treat working with Kristen, Sally and Adam!

Any further comments? I hope everyone comes out to see the show! Thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment