Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Spotlight on Kate Wylie - Sarraghina in Nine, The Musical

What is your role in this production? I play Sarraghina, a whore that Guido visits at a young age to learn about love. It involves two of my very favourite things...singing a great song and dancing! In preparation for the role, I've been working a lot of my physicality. She is a very earthy character and finding where that exists within myself has been a fun and interesting challenge.

Why did you audition for this production? It has been a very long time since I had the opportunity to be in a musical, so when I saw a friend post the audition notice on Facebook, I thought this was the chance I'd been waiting for!

What is your background in theatre? Theatre became a part of my life at an early age - studying voice and dance for about 20 years. I graduated from the Theatre Arts program at Grant MacEwan in 2001 where I appeared in Company, A Little Night Music, On Your Toes, and Orlando Unhinged. I was also a founding member of the Plain Janes theatre company here in Edmonton where I appeared in Everything I Know I Learned From Musicals, As You Like It, Saturday Night, and Das Barbecu. I am delighted to say that this is my first appearance at the Walterdale!

What is your favourite thing about the production so far? Being able to work with such an incredibly talented group of people! It is truly inspiring and humbling to have the great opportunity to do this fabulous show with a group such as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment