Total Pageviews

Friday, June 15, 2012

Spotlight on Jessica Lauderdale - Pole Dancing Coach for Nine, The Musical

What is your role on this production? For this production, I am working with the ladies that are pole dancing in the production. Primarily, this is for the number Call from the Vatican but there will are little bits of pole dance throughout the show! As for preparing for this – I taught pole dancing for fitness for 3 years, as well as performing pole dancing at trade shows during those 3 years. I also have a strong dance background, which is what led me to pole in the first place!

Why did you join the team of this production? When Kristen approached me about working with the pole for this show, I couldn’t resist – It involves some of my favourite things! Pole dance and theatre! Needless to say, I also looked forward to working with Kristen again, as the past 3 productions I have been involved with have also included her.

What is your background in theatre? I have been involved in theatre for the better part of my life. I started backstage as a dresser and wardrobe assistant to my mom, who was costume mistress and production manager for ELOPE theatre for many years. I have also always danced and had an interest in singing, which led me to take classes at the Foote theatre school, and that led to shows – Baby (ELOPE), The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas (Walterdale) and A Little Night Music (Festival Players). I’ve been bitten by the theatre bug, and am enjoying working on a show again!

What are you goals for the future in regards to theatre? I would very much like to continue working with the Walterdale theatre, both on stage and off – but I am looking forwarding to auditioning for more productions and getting some more acting under my belt. Theatre is a love of mine, and I hope to continue pursuing it throughout my life – it’s a great hobby!

What is your favourite thing about the production so far? So far, my favorite part of the production has been watching Erika progress with pole dance (Erika Noot plays Carla, the mistress), and the fearlessness that she has brought to the table when learning. I’ve been calling it “quick and dirty” pole dancing – she has learned as much in a couple of months that takes most people 2 years!

Any further comments? I am so pleased to be part of such a great show and a great team! Hope to see everyone out during the run!

We at Nine and Walterdale would like to wish Jessica Congratulations and Best Wishes as she walks down the aisle today with Cory! Take care of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment