Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Spotlight on Kara Chamberlain - Francesca in Nine, The Musical

Introducing Kara Chamberlain

Role: Ensemble, including Francesca, Guido's Aunt, and First Woman


Preparation for the show: To prepare for the show I have been working hard on my singing to get my voice used to singing at the top of my range. I have also been practicing my Italian accent around the office and at home; my coworkers tell me I sound like a vampire, so it may need a little more work before the show opens!

Why did I audition: I did not know the show before I auditioned, but I had heard some of the music and enjoyed it. I love musical theatre and I love working with our wonderful director Kristen Finlay, so I wanted to audition and be a part of a musical again.

Theatre background/future goals: I have always loved the theatre, but did not seriously consider pursuing it until high school. After graduating from Scona, where I was involved in drama, dance, and improv, I went into the BA Drama program at the U of A. I found my way into the Drama Honors program, which I absolutely love. Next year will be the last year of my degree, after which I hope to pursue a professional career in the theatre. I am also looking to audition to get my masters in acting in the UK. This is my second show at Walterdale Playhouse, the first being The Threepenny Opera last season.

Favourite thing about the production: Besides the Germans arriving at the spa (which involves a very catchy song that gets stuck in my head constantly), I absolutely love the people. I am constantly blown away by how many talented people are in the production, and how awesome they all are to work with!
Funny story about 9: I have always liked the number 9, maybe because when I was in grade 6 we were all given numbers. I was number 4, but the guy I had a crush on was number 9. Needless to say, I began to like the number 9 when I was young, but 49 was always better.

No comments:

Post a Comment