Total Pageviews

Friday, June 8, 2012

Spotlight on Bradley Bergeron - La Fleur in Nine, The Musical

What is your role in this production? I’m playing La Fleur in the production of Nine. He is the producer of the film Guido is attempting to create. Coming from a French background really made everything a lot easier, La Fleur is very French so it felt natural to slide into the heavy French dialect.

Why did you audition for this production? As an emerging young artist my mentality is no one is going to give you anything for free. You have to go out there and show directors why they need you in their show. Simply put, I audition for anything and everything I can. Also, I’ve always heard great things about Walterdale Theatre and I’ve worked with Kristen before and it was a hoot so I knew I was going to have a great time.

What is your background in theatre? This is my first show at Walterdale but I did Citadel Theatre’s Young Companies when I was growing up which was a great experience. After Young Companies I attended Grant MacEwan’s Theatre Arts Program where I spent two incredible years. I graduated and now I’m here.

What are your goals for the future in regards to theatre? In terms of future goals I’ve always been very interested in the Citadel/Banff Theatre Program. I also have many auditions coming up that I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for.

What is your favorite thing about the production so far? Everyone in Nine has something to offer, it’s great to work with such a talented and well rounded cast. One of the things I love the most is learning from the more experienced actors who have been doing shows for much longer than I have.

Any further comments? La musique et la danse sont ici, dans notre production de Nine.

No comments:

Post a Comment