Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Meet Veronica Masik - Virtue in Anything Goes!


What is your role in this Production? I play Virtue, one of Reno’s Angels. Virtue is a showgirl – she’s really not too bright, but she loves to perform and she loves attention. She’s a bit of a social climber, unfortunately she tends to climb the wrong social ladder due to that whole not being so bright thing.

What brought you out for this production? I love the show and the music! I’ve been wanting to do this show forever.

What is your background in theatre? I was involved with St. Albert Children’s theatre from 2001 to 2008. Then I started doing shows in Edmonton – You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown! at Walterdale, Sweeney Todd with Two One-Way Tickets to Broadway, A Little Night Music with The Festival Players in Sherwood Park, and Kiss Me Kate with ELOPE. Most recently I returned as alumni to St. Albert Children’s Theatre for the role of Serena in Legally Blonde.

Biggest Challenge? Driving the perilously pot-holed residential road to and from rehearsal before we moved into the Walterdale. It was frightening. When the snow melted there were all these puddles and you didn’t know if it was just a little low spot or a massive car-eating pot hole! Also, tap dancing!

This play takes place on a ship, you have any good boating stories? A boating story – well, once when I was nine years old my dad took me fishing. We had this old tiny motor boat with this noisy little motor. All of a sudden the rod starts tugging and my nine year old self goes, “Oh no it must be caught in the motor!” Turns out I actually had a fish on the line, it seemed pretty huge too but then again I was only nine so it was probably tiny. Well I reeled that fish in and everything was fine…until my dad chucked it in the bottom of the boat. That fish was flopping around and hitting me in the leg. I was so grossed out – I mean, I had fish slime on my leg! Haven’t been fishing since.  Nope, not even once. I think that slime traumatized me.

No comments:

Post a Comment