Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Meet the Cast of Anything Goes - Christine Maydew as Purity


What is my role? I play Purity, one of Reno Sweeney's back-up dancers, and I am also the Dance Captain both of which are very fun!

What brought me out? I really wanted to get back into the theatre world so I took a musical theatre class and my instructor was our Director Barb Mah. She encouraged me to audition and I am so glad I did.

Background in theatre: I grew up as a dancer and started doing musical theatre in high school (Grease, West Side Story and The Wiz). I moved to Nova Scotia and performed with the Neptune Theatre School Youth Performance Company (Robert Munch Abridged).  When I moved back to Alberta I lived in Grande Prairie and performed with the Grande Prairie Live Theatre (Peter Pan) and Ovations Dinner Theatre (Pajama Tops). This is my first show with the Walterdale Theatre

Biggest Challenge: At first I thought it would be being a character in the show and being dance captain but it turns out the biggest challenge is letting my dance partner, Justin, lead in the pairs dances....I am getting better though!

Boating Story: I went on a cruise with my parents when I was in my teens.  The ship was called the Big Red Boat and boy, was it big! I remember being so impressed with it's size. One day, the cruise ship docked in port early in the morning and as we left the ship we were told to be back at the ship by 2 pm for departure. As we were walking back to the ship at 1:50 p.m., we noticed about 6 other white cruise ships docked and we couldn't see ours. We started to frantically walk down the doc with the fear that our cruise ship left without us.  Turns out our ship was so small that it was completely hidden in between two of the other white cruise ships. We still laugh to this day about the Big Red Boat not being so big.

1 comment:

  1. Hah, that boating story had a bit of a twist in it. Well written Christine! I'm looking forward to seeing you tap dance tonight.

    ReplyDelete