Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Introducing Krista Skwarok - Hope Harcourt in Anything Goes!


What is your role in this production? I play Hope Harcourt, the debutante.  She is forced into an engagement by her over bearing mother, when she is really in love with Billy Crocker whom she met one night at a party in Manhattan. She has a lot of trouble admitting this though-thus ensues the plot.

What brought you out for this show? I saw the posting online and have loved this production for a long time. The music is so much fun and there is tap dancing!!

What is your background in theatre?  I have been performing in musical productions since I was 12, and after high school I moved to Edmonton from BC to further my training at Grant MacEwan University (Theatre Arts Program).  This is my first production with Walterdale and I am very excited!

What has been the biggest challenge? Biggest challenge for me is/was to bring a generic ingénue character to life and make her more interesting and alive. Also, working with an entire cast and creative team who I have never met before, was tricky at first.

This musical takes place on a ship - any good boating stories? Ha ha! I don’t have any good boating stories, I have never been on a cruise before... but I would like to!  Although, I do like to kayak!

No comments:

Post a Comment