Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Introducing the Cast of Anything Goes! - Meaghan McKinstry as Chastity


What is my role? I play Chastity, one of Reno's Angels! I feel Chastity just wants to belong and she finds a sense of family with Reno and the other Angels. She isn't too fond of boats but as they say "A gig is a gig, is a gig is a gig" and that's show biz honey!

What brought me out for this production? As the dance teacher on The Simpsons would say "TAPPA TAPPA TAPPA!" Any show that has great music, lots of tapping & dancing, as well as great comedy - count me in!

What is my background in theatre? From the young age of 3, I was a part of Amanda's Academy of Dance here in Edmonton training in many dance styles from Jazz, Ballet & Tap, to Hip Hop and Musical Theatre. I knew I wanted to be apart of the theatre ever since I did one of  my first Song & Dance solos where I tapped danced and sang Mr. Piano Man, Please.  It wasn't till grade 8, that I was actually in a show (Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat) and then didn't do shows again until grade 11 & 12 (Pirates of Penzance, The Sound of Music). After graduating high school, I took a year off and then attended the MacEwan University Theatre Arts program in which I just recently graduated from this past spring. While I was there I played a wide range of characters including Little Red in Into the Woods, to a snobby aristocrat and a cat in The Musical of Musicals: the Musical. This is my very first show outside of school and I am so happy to be apart of the Anything Goes family!

Biggest Challenge? Honestly, my biggest challenge would have to be not falling up or down the stairs both on the set and back stage. I may be a dancer, but I'm not always the most graceful at walking. HAHA!

Boating Story? I have never been a huge fan of boats no matter what size, but in order to do fun things like wake boarding and tubing, I have had to face my fear of boats more than a few times. My techniques for surviving small boats and speedboats include laying down in the center of the boat in a starfish formation. This makes it so I don't have to see the water and all of the mysteries in it, as well as making sure I don't fall out of the boat. I have not had to go on a cruise ship yet, so I'm not sure how I will handle those, but I'm sure when the time comes it will involve ... not going on a cruise. This girl likes to keep her feet on solid ground. Maybe with the motto of 'Anything Goes' I can learn to over come my fears and look at the adventures ahead, it may be a challenge but.... Challenge Accepted!

No comments:

Post a Comment