Total Pageviews

Friday, June 21, 2013

Meet Phil Kreisel - Sound Designer for Anything Goes!


What is your role on this Production? I am the sound designer. In the show, there are sounds for a dog that turn up in the oddest places, skeet shooting sounds, the sound of the ocean and a few other surprises.

What brought you out for this production? I'm Barb Mah's go-to guy for sound.  I think this is the fifth show that I've designed for her.

What is your background in theatre?  As a sound designer, I'm closing in on 60 shows* that I've done since 2004, including numerous musicals.  I'm also an actor, a director and a playwright (5 produced shows so far, with at least 3 more in stages of development).  Many shows have been done at Walterdale, where I'm also wrapping up 8 consecutive years writing and editing its newsletter. I'm also part of Walterdale's tech team.

Biggest Challenge - managing to do the sound design for this right after the opening of The Full Monty (still playing till June 30) which I also did sound design for.

In the Spirit of "Anything Goes" how true is that about you?  Very.  I'm currently writing a play that's based on an email subject line that was handed to me by Richard Hatfield two years ago.  Is that crazy or what?

* Earlier this season Phil designed the sound for Summer and Smoke. Other shows he designed sound for at Walterdale include (but are not limited to)  Albertine in Five Times, Perfect Pie,  Come Back to the Five and Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean, You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown!,  and Steel Magnolias.

No comments:

Post a Comment