Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Spotlight on Rhiannon Perley-Waugh - ASM for Albertine in Five Times

What is your role for this production? My role for this production will be Assistant Stage Manager. I will be aiding the Stage Manager with her tasks as well as helping set and/or making props (food) for the show. I will also be back stage during the show to help actors with entrances, etc. and as such will be a communication medium between the booth and actors.

Why did you come to work on this production? I came on board for this production because of director MJ Kreisel with whom I had previously worked on at Walterdale in Perfect Pie. She invited me to join as ASM and my mother, who is in the cast, was thrilled at the prospect of me joining the production team as well. They both encouraged me to be a part of the show. I thought it would be a great experience seeing as I am looking to go into theatre as a career – I am currently taking a BA in Drama and the U of A.

What is your background in theatre? I have been involved in theatre since I was very young. I took theatre classes at the Citadel and with a film company called Theatre Zocalo. My involvement in productions has involved theatre festivals, independent productions and school projects or plays. Currently I am studying a BA in Drama at the U of A. I got involved with Walterdale about 4 years ago when I auditioned and was cast in the production Black Hearts in the Green Room. Since then most of my involvement at Walterdale has been behind the scenes as lighting operator for two other shows. I’ve also done some Front of House volunteering.

What is the most enjoyable part of this production? The most enjoyable part of preparing for this production is getting to know and making new friendships with the cast and crew. The biggest challenge? I’m going to have to make sandwiches! Eek!


Any final comments? I like how in every show I’ve done at Walterdale you really make a family with the people you work with. In this case, too, I will actually be working with a family member and that is really special. Walterdale provides a really great environment where you can feel the love of theatre bring everyone together.

No comments:

Post a Comment