Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Spotlight on Amelia Maciejewski - Albertine at 30 in Albertine In Five Times

What is your role in this production? I play Albertine at 30. She is where it all begins - for the play, at least. It's got a little bit to do with rage.

What brought you to this production? I needed to get out of the house! More than that, I really take pride in Walterdale and what it stands for - the people are great to work with and there is a whole lotta love going on - it truly is a community and I embrace any opportunity I can to participate in it. Doing a show with a bunch of awesome women is cool, too.

What is your background with Walterdale? This is my third February in a row doing a Walterdale production where I play a mother with anger issues (Beautiful Thing, and Rabbit Hole). I have a BA in Drama and have puttered about some. I also serve on Walterdale's Board as co-Director of Publicity with May Kharaghani.

What is the most challenging thing about being involved in this production? Finding the time to do everything I need to do - but I don't ride roller-coasters, so this is as close as I will get to the adrenaline rush. What is the most enjoyable thing about being involved in this production? Being able to work with the "gals". This is the first time I've done an all-female show, so we could potentially talk about periods and hemorrhoids without making any men uncomfortable. Although we haven't talked about periods and hemorrhoids. yet.

What do you think audiences will experience if they come to this show? There is a new trend going on in regards to the reality of parenting, made popular with books like "Go The F*ck To Sleep"... where it is becoming okay to talk about the frustration and inadequacies you feel as a parent, so I would expect the audience to relate a little bit to Albertine's struggle. It also will make you think, if you could go back in time and meet your former self, what would you say? Would you like yourself? Would you beat yourself up? Would you try to warn yourself?

Any other comments you would like to share? If you need to cast a 'mother with issues' for your play, feel free to give me a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment