Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Spotlight on Michele and Nathaniel Vance Hehir - Mother and Son team of Albertine at 40 and LX Op. for Albertine in Five Times

There are a couple family connections involved in Albertine in Five Times. The pair of Michele and Nathaniel Vance Hehir brings a long time Walterdale member and a newcomer together to our stage - one on the deck and one in the booth!


What are your roles for this production? What does that entail?

Michele – I play Albertine at 40. Hmmm…the usual actor stuff and getting to work on an estrogen heavy show.

Nathaniel – I’m the lighting operator. Getting the right cues!


What brought you to this production?

Michele – I really wanted the chance to act in a Michel Tremblay play.

Nathaniel – My Mom got me the job.


What is your background in theatre? With Walterdale?

Michele – So many years, my head is crammed with lines right now…ummmm, my first Walterdale show was 21 (gasp) years ago! I’ve acted and directed for Walterdale, as well I was President for a year…favourite shows I’ve acted in here include Dark of the Moon, Footprints on the Moon, Blood Relations and Perfect Pie. Favourite show I directed was Our Town

Nathaniel – I go to Victoria School for the Performing Arts and I enjoy improv, my film class and band. I was my Mom’s Assistant Stage Manager for her Fringe show last year and I played Laurie this past December in A Little Women Christmas. This is my first Walterdale show.


What is the most enjoyable part of preparing for this production?

Michele – Working with the incredible actresses on the show and the chance to work with MJ again!

Nathaniel – Learning something new.


What is the biggest challenge for you in your role on this production?

Michele – Understanding Albertine.

Nathaniel – Learning how to use the equipment.


What do you think this show will offer to our audiences?

Michele – A chance to see Michel Tremblay’s work.

Nathaniel – My Mom’s in it!


Any other comments you would like to make?

Nathaniel – I hope the audience will enjoy the play.

Michele – Ditto!


*Photo of Michele from Perfect Pie by Douglas Dollars-Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment