Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Spotlight on Janine Hodder - Madeleine in Albertine in Five Times

What is your role for this production? Madeleine, Albertine's sister.

Why did you audition for this production? I've wanted to work with MJ for a while now. Also, Tremblay throws his actors about emotionally and you really have to be on your toes as a performer. He makes us work for every moment. I was excited for the challenge.

What is your background in theatre? I am a graduate of Grant MacEwan's theatre program a while back. I have dabbled here and there over the years in the Edmonton theatre community but am just now committed to working more consistently. I was on the Walterdale Board of Directors a few years ago. I have worked on the crew for Antony and Cleopatra (light technican) and Crimes of the Heart (ASM). My only time treading the boards here was as the Mammoth in Skin Of Our Teeth.

What is the most enjoyable part of preparing for this production? Working with a diversely trained group of women with phenomenal talent. I feel safe and have been able to enjoy the experience because of the environment created in rehearsals. The biggest challenge? Honestly? Remembering all those darn lines!

What do you think this show will offer to our audiences? I love how different this play is from others I've seen at Walterdale. Watching five women all play the same person is so enchanting. The attention to detail is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment