Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Spotlight on Clyde Rigsby - Props Master for The Misanthrope

What is your role on the production? On the production I am the Props Master and Set Dressing guy.

What is your background in theatre? I have been on stage or behind it or organizing for it for over 40 years. Jobs have included executive director, board member, production manager, set designer, set builder, set painter, costume designer, costume fabricator, transportation manager, venue negotiator, chorus, lead, tenor in the corner, FOH manager, Usher and general all round scenery. There are very few jobs I have not had a crack at yet being on stage singing is still my favourite.For Walterdale I have been a member for 5 years (I think) and have been on stage three times. Been lucky to work ASM, props, builder, painter (some) FOH and tickets.

* For Walterdale, Clyde was seen onstage in The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas and Apocalypse, Saskatchewan.

This show ends with a big party, if you were to hold a costume themed party, what kind of theme would you want it to have? I think partying as Scots and singing songs from Brigadoon, or maybe gangsters and sing songs from Guys and Dolls. Regardless, I am wearing my kilt.

* Photo Credits: Above - Clyde and Robert MacDougal in The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas; photo by Bill Hill
Right - Clyde in Apocalypse, Saskatchewan; photo by Douglas Dollars Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment