Total Pageviews

Friday, November 16, 2012

Introducing Brennan MacGregor - Alceste in The Misanthrope

What is your role in the show?  I'm playing Alceste, which means I get to stagger around stage swearing and drinking. It helps that I'm Scottish.

What drew you to this production? I just moved back home, after going to school in Vancouver, and I was looking around for something to act in. I've always enjoyed Moliere, and I don't think there's a better way to learn how to act than doing it on the stage.

What is your background in theatre? I went to VFS for their acting program, which covers both theatre and film. Unfortunately, Vancouver's an unbelievably expensive place to live for anyone, and almost impossible for someone in the arts without any roots so I came back here to pursue acting. I've never been in a play at the Walterdale before, but I've gone to a few, mostly in high school. It helped me realize that I wanted to act in the first place.

This show ends with a big party, if you were to hold a costume themed party, what kind of theme would you want it to have? Ha! I'd have a Star Wars party. Not only would it be set in a galaxy far, far away, but the pyrotechnics and lasers would ensure that it'd be an incredible event.

No comments:

Post a Comment