Total Pageviews

Friday, November 11, 2011

Spotlight on Sarah Hennessey - Soldier and Gumridge in Wyrd Sisters

What is your role in this production? I play two delightful little roles. Firstly, I am a Soldier that has issues with killing people. Secondly, I am Gumridge, a member of a "play within the play" and I get to "play" the evil Duchess. My two roles are lovely contrasts and a lot of fun.

What brought you to this production? I had just discovered the joy that is Terry Pratchett's Discworld a month or so prior to noticing the audition call for Wyrd Sisters. It's a wonderful adaptation and an absolute riot! I had been waiting for the right show to come along to inspire me to get involved in theatre again... and this was it! I couldn't resist auditioning.

What is your background in Theatre? I've been involved in theatre from a very young age, taking many lead roles in church and school productions. After high school I auditioned for the theatre program at RDC and thoroughly enjoyed the program. It was the realization of a childhood dream and so much fun! After graduating, though, I felt the financial pull of a "real job" and didn't perform much until moving to Lloydminster a year or so later. I was heavily involved in community theatre there... It's a lovely thing to have the director of a show call YOU and make sure you will be at an audition! When I moved back to Edmonton in 2005, I was a little overwhelmed by the theatre scene here and wasn't sure where to begin. Life swept me along and it's been over five years since my last real performance!! Thankfully, my husband never stopped encouraging me to get involved, and here I am! This is my first show with Walterdale, but I always knew that when I got involved again, it would be here.

What is the most challenging thing about being involved in this production? Not being in more scenes! HAHA! Actually, it's pretty much perfect as I'm also in school full time right now.

What is the most enjoyable thing about being involved in this production? Being amongst my fellow thespians again! It's a very unique culture and I didn't realize how deeply I missed being a part of it. I feel like I've found a missing part of my soul.

What do you think audiences will experience if they come to this show? FUN! This show is pure FUN! I can't think of a better way to spend an evening.

Any other comments you would like to share? I just want to thank anyone who had a hand in deciding that I should be a part of this show. I am more grateful than you can possibly imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment