Total Pageviews

Monday, November 7, 2011

Spotlight on Francie Goodwin-Davies - Nanny Ogg in Wyrd Sisters

What is your role in this production? I play Nanny Ogg a fun loving, man loving, woman who likes a bit of the drink. She has been married between 3-5 times and has many children. She is a woman who could crack coconuts with her thighs.

What brought you to this production? Everybody kept telling me that I should audition for this role, and here I am. I’m not sure if there was a bit of type casting, although I don’t know how to crack coconuts with my thighs. I had no clue of Discworld and knew nothing about it.

What is your background in Theatre? I started in theatre at 5 years old and have been doing it ever since. I joined Walterdale in 1974 and have been a member since. I have been to the U of C the U of A, Banff school of Fine Arts and The 2 year theatre program at Vic Comp. I have been in very many plays at Walterdale and I adored when we used to do Melodramas at the Citadel.

What is the most challenging thing about being involved in this production? The most enjoyable? I think the most challenging things about his show will be the tech part of the show, lots of things going on. We have an amazing technical group working with us so I think it will be fabulous. The most enjoyable things about this production is the large group of fantastic actors of all ages who are on this show! The return of some old Walterdale folk is great to see and, as I said before, the tech folks behind the scenes are all wonderful.

What do you think audiences will experience if they come to this show? I think audiences will have a good time when they see this show. Enjoy the magic and the comedy.

Any other comments you would like to share? I'm so glad to be here at Walterdale and having a blast with new and old members!

No comments:

Post a Comment