Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Endings and Beginnings...

Last night Village of Idiots closed at Walterdale. The cast was still partying when I left at 2 a.m. It was a fun filled show with a wonderful message and for me, a great experience. Being Set Designer was probably the most stressful job I have ever done on a show, but very rewarding. The show went very well. We Sold Out at least 4 of our 10 night run and all of the evenings were well-attended. A great way to end my tenure as Artistic Director at Walterdale. On Opening Night of Village I talked about how it was an appropriate show for Walterdale because we are a village of sorts. Everyone has their role in the community and we love each other and sometimes we get along and sometimes we don't but we all care about the village and what we do there. I know I do. We also, like the Chelmniks, find creative ways to approach things. It is what makes theatre so fun!

The next season has started already. Auditions for the first show, Neil LaBute's Reasons to be Pretty, have been held and as soon as casting is complete and everyone is contacted I will be posting that information here for you all to sneak peek who is involved. I will also be posting a Blog Post to introduce you to our new Artistic Director, Sarah Van Tassel, to let you know what she is all about and what she will be bringing to Walterdale. Stay tuned for those posts. Wyrd Sisters is also bustling with pre-production work. I am Master Painter for that show so I am in the know on all those dealings. I will be posting an audition notice for you all, as soon as possible.

So one season ends and another begins... And in between is Fringe!

No comments:

Post a Comment