Total Pageviews

Friday, May 31, 2013

Meet Zack Siezmagraff - Fred the Bartender and others in Anything Goes!


What is your role in this Production?  I play Fred the Bartender, the news photographer, and a member of the sailor quartet.

What brought you out for this production? I was very impressed with Walterdale's production last year of Nine, and it convinced me to end my self-imposed 12 year break from the stage. I have also worked with Barb Mah and I like and respect her a lot.

What is your background in theatre? I graduated from Victoria School of the Performing and Visual arts in 2001. I have done shows with ELOPE  -  Kiss Me, Kate (2000), and Broadway: 50 Years in Review (2001); The Citadel  - A Christmas Carol (2000), and the Walterdale - A Day in Hollywood/A Night in the Ukraine (2000). As a writer, my award winning play Death Comes to Auntie Norma will be at Edmonton Fringe 2013, directed by Kristen Finlay.

Biggest Challenge? I have three costume quick changes in the first 2 scenes.

In the Spirit of "Anything Goes" how true is that about you? I once pretended to be Liz Nichols's nephew in order to get a ticket to a Fringe play that was sold out. I had overheard that Liz was due to attend that performance but hadn't shown up. 5 minutes to curtain I approached the box office and told them "Aunt Liz" had given her ticket to me. The show was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment