Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Introducing Kay DaSilva - Mrs Evangeline Harcourt in Anything Goes


What is your role in this Production? My role is Mrs Evangeline Harcourt, the snobby mother of Hope Harcourt who insists she marries rich to maintain their elite status. I am on a wild ride of happiness, shock, disbelief, pride, fear and fun. I have my dog, I lose my dog, I have my dog...well you get the picture! I meet up with an old flame and he becomes rich, so I marry him of course!

What brought you out for this production? Tapping, acting, Director Barb Mah and hilarity. I am throwing myself all in head first because it's my very first acting role!

What is your background in theatre? I began Musical Theatre at the Foote Theatre's adult workshop  in 2003 and then joined the cast of Chorus Line with Barb Mah as Director in 2004. In 2005 I enrolled in Edmonton Musical Theatre's adult workshop and was cast in the Broadway Rocks Revue show in 2006 and Once Upon a Time in New York in 2008. In 2009 I took a break and began my own music career with my sister as 2islandgirls. I returned to EMT for their 2012 production of The Time of Our Lives. In March of this year I joined the The Trinity Players production of Jesus Christ Superstar.

Biggest Challenge? Remembering my lines and cues to come on stage has been my biggest challenge which is surprising because I thought learning the tap number would be the challenge. I have discovered, learning to tap, smile AND sing all at the same time has been a wee tough as well, but I think I got it now.

This play takes place on a ship, you have any good boating stories? I have never been on a cruise and I don't plan to either. Although I grew up in the ocean of a little island called Barbados and can swim like a dolphin, the thought of being on top of really really deep water scares the beegeebies outta me!

In the Spirit of Anything Goes how true is that about you? I live my life pretty much by the rules of Anything Goes because I make my own rules. I think and act outside of the box and am very outspoken with my views of right and wrong. I sing all the time and I luv life. Up or down, sideways, back and forth I am there! Hee hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment