Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Spotlight on Rowan Hickie - Cast Member of Wyrd Sisters

1.What is your role in. this production? I play several roles in the show, including: Peasant 2, Robber 2 and Witch 2. An interesting combination of characters, but a funny and (surprisingly) challenging task to take on. What does this entail? A whole lot of costume changes.

2. What brought you to this production? In Calgary I was very involved with community theatre. After moving to Edmonton I decided that I wanted to branch out into the community theatre scene here and decided the Walterdale would be the place to start!

3. What is your background in Theatre? I started out with High School drama in Calgary and then started doing some community theatre there. Last year I came to the University of Alberta to study Drama and Education . Most recently I took Jan Henderson's Clown and Mask workshop this past summer, where I enjoyed the company of not only my wonderful class mates and professor, but also a bunch of clowns.

4. What is the most challenging thing about being involved in this production? Balancing being a full-time student and this production has most certainly been a challenge. However, it has not only helped me buckle down and actually do my homework, but has also improved my (somewhat lacking) time-management skills.

5. What is the most enjoyable thing about being involved in this production? Definitely working with such a big cast full of diverse and talented people. I've already learned so much from watching them work and working with them.

6. What do you think audiences will experience if they come to this show? Magic. They're coming to see a play about witches aren't they... What else would they expect?

7. Any other comments you would like to share? I never thought I would garner so much joy from playing a robber.

No comments:

Post a Comment