Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Spotlight on Heather Morrow - Lady Felmet in The Wyrd Sisters

1. What is your role in. this production? Lady Felmet. She's the wife of the regicide Lord Felmet, who has killed King Verence of Lancre. However, Lady Felmet was an accessory to the murder. She's a very un-contrite version of Lady McB.
What does that entail? Arch-villainy

2. What brought you to this production? I've been a Walterdale member (this time) for two years and have been wanting to act again for a while. I auditioned for a number of shows, but I was particularly excited about this one because I'm a big fan of the Discworld series.

3. What is your background in Theatre? I've been writing plays since high school, and have had a number of plays produced at theatre festivals. I was part Walterdale's new play series in 1996-7 -- it was called Evening of One-Acts then -- and my one-act play Crushed was performed at Walterdale in June 1997.

4. What is the most challenging thing about being involved in this production? Because the cast is so big and the scenes varied, we've really been rehearsing in pieces. Today (Oct 23) was our walk-through, and it was the first time I'd seen many of cast-mates since our first read-through! Now that we're rehearsing in the theatre, I'm getting a better sense of the plays flow.

5. What is the most enjoyable thing about being involved in this production? My character is genuinely, unapologetically evil. I was a bit taken aback that I got this part, but I'm enjoying being evil too much to really worry about it.

6. What do you think audiences will experience if they come to this show? It's going to be a total immersive experience -- we found out today just HOW amazing the production design is going to be, how it will absorb the audience into the story's atmosphere. Combining that with the amazing script and the perfect actors in each part, I can only imagine everyone who comes to see it not wanting it to end.

7. Any other comments you would like to share? I admit, I'm really looking forward to the debauchery once tech week starts, and to the cast party -- with a cast and crew this big and a play this funny, the stories are going to be legendary. We're already enjoying ourselves--the show is just so much fun!

Heather's Blog: http://theatrejunkie.shawwebspace.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment