Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Spotlight on Tamara Raynor-Cote - Zlateh in Village of Idiots

What is your role in this production? I play the tenacious and lovably hapless business woman of Chelm, Zlateh. As a comedic character she is pretty awesome and the best part of my day is putting on her attitude and bossing my husband Zalman around the village. My husband Zalman (Max) and I have a loving albeit loud relationship, bickering in Yiddish and selling schnapps to no one but ourselves. Although we think of ourselves as business minded people all the other townspeople see us as idealistic fools, but then again everyone in Chelm is an idealistic fool!

Why did you come out for this show? Folk stories have the most lovable and honest characters, and Chelmnicks are no exception to this. I recently graduated from the Universtiy of Alberta with a Major in Drama in Secondary Education and realized how much I missed performing. As a member of the Walterdale the auditipon notice sparked my interest and I was fortunate enough to get cast in the show. What better way to spend the summer than performing and laughing with some of Edmonton's finest young actors!

What is your background in theatre? This is my first Walterdale production but second time performing in the Walterdale. I recently performed in Stage Struck (The ADFA annual One Act Festival), held in February at the Walterdale. I've been performing all my life from the dinner table to the stage and have done some technical as well as directorial and management work, its a little like skydiving, you are scared out of your mind but the rush is like no other and I love it.

What are you enjoying the most? I enjoy the opportunity to play for 4 hours nightly, to unwind my mind by rolling on the floor and talking in an accent, plus the people are ok too! :)

What do you hope the audiences will take away from the show? I hope the audience will walk away with smiles on their faces and a little hope in their hearts for the goodness that lives in people.

No comments:

Post a Comment