Total Pageviews

Friday, June 17, 2011

Spotlight on Joshuana MH Cha - One of the Chelmniks in Village of Idiots

What is your role in this production? I play one of the Chelmniks in the show. My character is disorderly, clumsy and she rushes around most times because she is always late!


Why did you audition for this show? When I was in school I always watched kids in drama from behind the fence with a lot of envy. I never had the courage or the confidence to try but I always secretly loved theatre. After all those years, I finally faced my fears and decided to take on the challenge. This definitely is something VERY SPECIAL to me.


So, would you say you are new to Walterdale? This was my first audition and is my first show ever!! I don't think there is anyone as excited as I am. I owe a huge thank you to Walterdale and the creative team for this opportunity!


What is the biggest challenge for you with the show? Being one of the Chelmniks and finding and building a character and improvising was the most challenging. Linette's warm-ups, the Improv Workshop (with RFT's Amy Shostak) along with my cast mates have all really helped a lot.


What are you enjoying the most? Honestly? EVERYTHING! Every activity is a '1st Time" for me so from the warm-ups to improv, playing and the whole theatre experience is great. And my cast mates, of course.

What do you hope audiences will take away from the show? I hope they take away the same enjoyment that we experience and put into it. Both the creative team and the cast have some amazing talents, and as a group we have painted the canvas of this show with brilliant vibrancy and passion. I hope the audiences can take some of that away as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment