Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Spotlight on Gerald Mason - Mr. Peachum in The Threepenny Opera

So Gerald, tell us about yourself and your role in this Walterdale Production.

I've been a Walterdale members since the mid 80's. I've mostly acted but in some cases I have done hair and make-up and have even sewed on a button if required. Theatre has been my hobby for years. In this production I play Mr. Peachum. He is in charge of all the beggars in all of the 14 districts of London. He lives off of his people. He is a very nasty man.

Why did you come out for this show?

This production is a musical and I love music. Also I have worked with the Director, Music Director, and I knew some of the people that were going to audition for the show. The people in this show are awesome. It is so great to go to rehearsal because it is theatre family.

What is the most challenging thing about this production?

The most challenging thing is the dialect/accent and the fact that I have to be a nasty man.

Any other comments?

I hope the audiences will sit back and just enjoy the show. Let us take them on a 2 hour trip so they can forget about their day's problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment