Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Spotlight on Francie Goodwin-Davies - Nat in Rabbit Hole...

What is your role in this production? I play Nat, the mother of Becca and Izzy. She's not very intellectual and is hardened by her life experiences, but she also has lots of advice to try to help. She loves her children even though they don't seem to have that much patience for her.

Why did you audition for this production? Usually I like to do comedies, but I thought the play sounded interesting. I also wanted to work with Kristen and be back at Walterdale.

What is your background in theatre? The first time I was onstage was when I was 5. I have always been onstage. I studied at the U of A and U of C, attended Vic Comp School of Performing Arts and the Banff School of Fine Arts. I have done commercials, TV, Film but primarily live Theatre. I am a 35 year member of Walterdale. I also toured with an Opportunities for Youth Grant within a 50 mile radius of Edmonton and performing in rural areas. I was also with the first group to build and perform in the Pumphouse Theatre in Calgary. I have enjoyed working onstage in many theatre across Alberta for the last 50 years.

What do you want audience to take away from this production? That after all, there is hope.
What is you favorite part of the show? My scene with Becca when we talk about feelings being like a brick in your pocket... but the whole show is fantastic. I love the script. It's real and human without being just about sadness. This has been a fabulous experience for me, meeting and working with such a great group of folks from my fellow actors to the director to the crew. WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment