Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Spotlight on Gabby Bernard - Margaret in Much Ado About Nothing

1. What is your role in this production? I play Margaret, one of Hero's gentlewomen and, as fondly termed by our costume designer Ephram, 'the skanky maid'.
2. Is this your first Shakespearean production? This is my first Shakespeare production and I'm loving every minute!
3. What is it that drew you to this production? I spent my summer scrounging for auditions, and when I came across the notice for Much Ado About Nothing I was a little hesitant... a), I'd never even attempted Shakespeare before, and b)high school English class had pretty much ruined classic literature for me. But as soon as I picked up a copy of the play to research the show a bit more, I fell in love with it! I could see so much potential for character work and fun stage work, and just the idea of working on something so rich with possibilities for a theater like Walterdale really excited me. I booked an audition right away, and here I am!
4. What is your favourite thing about the role you play in this current production? I love the challenge this role has offered me - Margaret's personality is so polar-opposite of my own and I've had to really push myself to fit into her shoes! Of course the chance to work with so many talented artists and actors has been such an incredible learning experience, as well as an absolute delight. The enthusiasm and positive energy has been so inspiring. Oh, and I guess it's pretty fun to be so saucy and inappropriate on stage, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment