Total Pageviews

Monday, March 8, 2010

Production Meetings

This week I had a Production Meeting and a Rehearsal Team Meeting for The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. One thing is for sure, we are going to have a fun time! Everyone on the team is so positive and hardworking. We have a delightful, unexpected set design provided by Doug Verdin and the costumes are designed by Geri Dittrich, costumer extraordinaire! Brad Melrose is doing our Lighting Design and based at the number of times I confessed my love to him during our Sweeney Todd Q2Q, I am sure he will bring the works to the show!

I met yesterday with Sally Hunt (Music Director) and Barb Mah (Choreographer) to plan out rehearsal time. Sally has already assembled her pit band and Barb is so excited to choreograph this dance-heavy show! We laughed as much as planned and everyone can be sure the level of expertise on this show will reach anyone's expectations. I also have Stacey Lawrence on board as my assistant director. I have never worked with Stacey before, but I can tell already that she will be one that I can easily trust with anything I ask of her. Richard Hatfield is our illustrious Stage Manager - he has his work cut out for him with all these strong women! Leading the Production Team is Jim Draginda. His expertise is evident in that this is the 4th show in 2 seasons that he has PM'd. He knows what he is doing!

Recent additions to the team include Erin Foster-O'Riordan on Sound Design and Brendan Boyd on Props. We also have people coming forward for running crew, asm's and operators. All we need now are the actors!

No comments:

Post a Comment