Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Overlap

Last night I attended a Production Meeting for From Cradle to Stage. As of this morning, all three one acts have had their first read through with Playwrights in attendance to hear their words. The Production Meeting went well and things are definitely rolling along. If you would like to be involved in the fabulous production, contact me at adwalterdale200@yahoo.ca and I will get your name to our Production Manager. There are still positions to fill (operators, ASMs, crew, etc...) and this is a great project that helps develop New Canadian Work!

On my way to the meeting I stopped by the theatre to pick up some scripts. I ran into Alex Hawkins, who is directing The Mail Order Bride. He says that things are cooking in rehearsal and invited me to watch a rehearsal on Sunday. This is such a lovely, complex, script and based on auditions I would say they have a nice strong cast. I am looking forward to the sneak peek.

I am also busy taking names for auditions for The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. Sunday is almost completely full. Contact me at adwalterdale2009@yahoo.ca for more information or to book your time. We will look into adding an audition day if the Monday fills up which it might do because we still have a month to go until the audition dates.

During all of this, I am working on getting the rights for our shows for next season. So far I have secured rights for two of the shows and am waiting on the remaining 2. Bill Shakespeare is free and clear for production so that saves me a little work on Much Ado About Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment