Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Meet Savannah Ribeiro, Assistant Stage Manager for Dracula!

What is your role on Dracula? I am the assistant stage manager (Pretty exciting! J )
What brought you out for Dracula? I first saw Francis Ford Coppola’s rendition of Dracula when I was ten. I am absolutely in love with the novel (I’ve read it many times) and with the vampire/horror genre in general. I heard Walterdale was doing a theatre adaptation and I thought “I need to be a part of that!
What is your background in theatre? At Walterdale? To be honest, I have almost no background in theatre. I was the sound tech for my junior high’s presentation of Romeo and Juliet. Dracula is the first play I’ve been part of since I was 13 years old.
Favorite Vampire movie/play other than this one, and why? I’d have to say Suck which is a horribly cheesy Canadian horror-rock-comedy about a failing band who all get turned into vampires in order to achieve fame. I just love how cheesy it is and how it references other vampire films (namely Dracula) and the music (All Canadian) is wonderful too.
Favorite Halloween Costume and why? I had a friend in high school that went all-out, over-the-top zombie. Every year she’d use this weird rubber material to make her skin like it was rotting and falling off and her makeup would be done so creatively. She’d even put in ice-blue contact lenses and carry around a piece of raw steak that looked like a heart. It was so awesome.
What are you most looking forward to about this production? Everything; being a part of this is going to be the biggest deal for me --- I love theatre/film and I love Dracula.

No comments:

Post a Comment