Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Meet Lee Conrad, Attendant in Dracula!

What is your role in Dracula?  Attendant #2 

What brought you out for Dracula?  I happened to hear in conversation that auditions were going to be held and I’ve always had a fascination with the story.  I’ve seen nearly every film version to date but have not seen a stage production and I thought what better way to experience it than to be involved. 

What is your background in theatre? I’ve dabbled in acting since junior high and have been in many independent productions since 1993.  My first show outside of school was Scott Sharplin’s Fugue for the Carnival of Shrieking Youth theatre festival.  I’ve been involved with the Fringe on numerous occasions as well as Rapid Fire Theatre. My most recent stage presence and first show with Walterdale theatre was The Trial of Salomé (2007) as the crazy Scotsman Spencer. 

Favorite Vampire movie/play other than this one? The original Fright Night.  Chris Sarandon is devilishly charming and deadly as a vampire.  Roddy McDowall as Peter Vincent was terrific on so many levels.  Great script, great score and great performances. 

Favorite Halloween Story/Costume and why? John Carpenter’s Halloween.  The theme alone scares the bejeezus out of you if you hear it in the dark.  The costume of Michael Myers (The Shape) is simple yet terrifying.  A blank emotionless face with the darkest eyes…the devil’s eyes… 

What are you most looking forward to about this production?  The effects work.  I’m eager to see how the whole design is going to come together and wow the audience into thinking “How did they DO that?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment