Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Meet Nicole Grainger - Movement Coach for Dracula

What is your role on Dracula?
I am the movement coach

What brought you out for Dracula?
I've always been a fan of the novel and was excited when Darrell pitched his ideas to me about how he wished to bring this stage adaptation "alive".

What is your background in theatre? At Walterdale?
I started as a graduate of MacEwan University's Theatre Arts program. I've been fortunate that I've been able to enjoy a varied career in both theatre and film (in both English and French) across Canada.  It was a natural progression for me to take my dance training that served me so well in the Musical Theatre genre and transition into a choreographer and coach.
 
This is my first official venture with the Walterdale. I love the theatre space!  It was my "home-away-from-home" during our production of Duets in this past summer's Fringe. 

Favorite Vampire movie/play/novel other than this one?
The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice.  I loved it's exploration of the despair of immortality and what stimulation you need to not only keep surviving, but also to keep living.  Also, it was dead-sexy.

Favorite Halloween Costume?
I was Lucy from Dracula for Halloween one year and I loved it because I got to play with make up and blood pellets. I gave blood soaked kisses to everyone I knew.
 
What are you most looking forward to about this production?
Seeing the entire cast come together to tell the audience a fantastic story.

No comments:

Post a Comment