Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Spotlight on Lee Boyes - The Miner in Burning Vision

What is your role in this production? I play the Miner.  He is an idealistic young man who simply want to make enough money to support himself and find someone to share his love. 

What drew you to this production? I've been acting for quite some time and I wanted to get to know the scene in Edmonton and challenge myself with the type of character I don't normally play. 

What is your background in theatre? This is my first Walterdale show, but I have a BFA in theatre performance .   I also spend a lot of time following my real passion: Improv.  I perform with Rapid Fire Theatre, which allows me great opportunity to practice and home my one man improv show: Legion. 

What have you learned from being involved in this production? Every country has moments in it's history that are not very flattering, but none the less, need to be recognized and explored.  The subjects touched upon in this production are a perfect example of events that we don't necessarily need to be proud of, but we do need to understand and embrace them as much as the triumphs. 

What has been the greatest challenge for you? The greatest challenge for me has been playing a character that i don't usually get to play: a man who travels from optimism to despair in a very short time.  It is not a linear narrative, and his character arc progresses quite quickly.  The juxtaposition of characters and scenes don't necessarily relate directly to each other and this is very difficult, yet it is what makes the piece so unique and powerful.  

What has been the most enjoyable? Being able to play with such a fun and supportive cast.  The enthusiasm involved makes working on such a challenging play extremely rewarding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment