Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Introducing Sam Banigan - Will in Exposure (From Cradle to Stage 2013)

What is your role in this production? I am playing the part of Will in Exposure, he is agoraphobic, but in the end he just wants to be normal again.

Why did you audition for this show? I really wanted to try and get out of the school environment and career track I was on and I thought that this could be a good place to start.

What is your background in theatre? I grew up with 2 very artistic parents and it just kinda became my life. Grade 5 was my first play that I ever did, and then I've been in one or more every year since then, Most recently I have performed in Neil Labute's A Second Of Pleasure at my school's Playworks festival.

What has been the biggest challenge for you? The biggest challenge I have had is working with new people, I have only ever worked with people I knew from class so just entering this new world was difficult. The most gratifying? The most gratifying part of this is that no one can say that they've seen someone else play this character before and I can literally start from the bottom and go up, create a completely original character not inspired by any other production.

Both plays deal with hidden connections that people have.  Have you ever had a situation where you discovered you were connected to someone in a weird and unpredictable way? I guess I have had a couple moments, for instance, last year in my math class I met a guy named Chase and I thought he was like alright guy maybe a little douchey but then I found out that he was an actor as well and we were in our school's production of The Odyssey. Now, I consider him to be one of my best friends. Another weird one was when I was at Artstrek in 2009 I met Greg Dowler-Coltman and just 2 years ago he auditioned me for the Advanced Drama 10 class at Vic and he is now my Directing teacher and will be again next year as well as my Advanced Acting teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment