Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Spotlight on Corrine Pelletier - Iris in The Love of the Nightingale

What is your role in this production? I am an actor. I play Iris, one of the 5 female chorus members. This entails a lot of coordination with the other ladies in the chorus.

What brought you to Walterdale for this show? I am a student at the University of Alberta and I had Alex Hawkins as my professor last semester. He invited us to audition. I knew the play from my previous drama class and I loved the story. I was very excited that I received the part of Iris as she was one of my favorite characters.

What is your background in theatre? I have been acting since I was 9 years old. I have done many local productions in my home town of Calgary, but I have not done anything since high school. This is my first production with Walterdale, and my first production in Edmonton.

What challenges have you found with this role? My first thought is that I would have a lot of trouble finding the right flow with the other ladies of the female chorus. However, from the very first read we just seemed to click and I now think that that has become the most enjoyable part of this production. The fact that the entire cast just seems to have an excellent dynamic.

What do you think the audience will take away from this production? There are a lot of little things in this play that foreshadows something to come or reflects back on something that happened previously. And while I doubt that I doubt the audience will notice all of these little thing it is my hope is that they will pick up one. Even if only one person realizes, "Wow, I remembered when that happened previously" or "They totally foreshadowed that" I would be extremely happy.

Any last thoughts? I would like to thank the entire cast and crew for making this productions one of my favorites to work on! I never felt uneasy or nervous or shy through out this process and I believe it is because everyone has been so welcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment