Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 2, 2010

A New Year - 2010

Tomorrow things start up for the Board of Director's with the first Board Meeting of 2010. We have a few things to get planned. The shape of the Board itself is changing due to some recent resignations. I will not say more than that until the new shape is finalized as there will be discussion and voting to make it all official. We also have The Donor Voted Show Gala coming up on January 16th. I have some work to do for that in terms of organizing the readings and planning the shape of the evening as a whole. Others will be looking after distributing ballots and invitations, tech support, food and drinks and set-up and clean-up.

I anxiously await reading the pile of scripts that I hope are waiting for me at the theatre. The deadline for submissions for next season is January 5th so I am hoping that several were sent out this past week. I have some in reserve form last year's submissions, but I really want a nice big selection!

Audition notices for From Cradle to Stage will be coming out this week. Stay tuned for the official information - available here and on Facebook and Theatre Alberta and on Walterdale's website.

One thing I do want to put out there is that if you want to get involved, however small, then contact me or someone on the board. We will get you in touch with the current show or the show you are interested in. A lot of people audition saying they want to work on a show at Walterdale but then when we call they seemed to have changed their minds. It makes me think that people don't really want to work at Walterdale, they only want to be onstage. There is a lot more required for a show and those other roles can be rewarding if you try them! So email me - adwalterdale2009@yahoo.ca and I will get you on a team!

No comments:

Post a Comment