Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 31, 2010

It's a Tough Job...

I *think* I know what the season will be. At least, I *think* I know what I will present to the Board next week for their reading pleasure. I had to make some changes from what was submitted to balance the season, because I believe you have to look at the season as a whole, not just the individual shows. If every show is dark it may influence how people react to the theatre. I think there has to be something for everyone. And with Walterdale that *everyone* includes the membership as well as the audience. I have to talk to a few people about some things and since one of my choices is a translation, I have to decide if I have found the right translation (I may have to present the translation I have with the caveat that I am looking for a different one - it is proving challenging to find exactly what I want - I thought I was ordering what I wanted...). Anyhow, for those who want to know time lines:

a. Present the season to the Board with copies for them to read - Sunday, Feb 7th, 2010
b. Meet with Board to discuss and approve the season as presented OR go with back-up choices (yes, I have to have back-ups) - First week of March, 2010 - exact date TBA
c. Secure rights and announce season informally - end of March, 2010 - it usually takes 1-3 weeks to secure rights.
d. Launch the new season - Probably in April, but might be in May depending on print media.

So, stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. suddenly a meeting i was looking forward to became something to be VERY excited about!!

    ReplyDelete