Total Pageviews

Friday, June 26, 2009

Falling Into Place...

it is easy to feel pushed and shoved along by this job. I am at the bottom of a steep learning curve, thinking ahead to next season when I will have more awareness of what is involved so that I can plan for things. This week the focus was on getting the season brochure done and sent to the printer. That should be done now and if all goes well we will be seeing that lovely document on Opening Night of You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown! I am hoping that I can move some of the media related items back into the Director of Publicity's hands. Unlike the previous AD, I lack a depth of knowledge with regards to all things media related. So, while he was able to handle a lot of those duties, I prefer to give it to the expert to deal with. I want to be consulted on things, but really, once we have the season concept laid out, I only just need to be in the loop. Right?

The other thing I did this week, was secure one of the Dramaturges for the One Acts. I am so excited that we will have Brian Dooley on board. The depth of his experience is phenomenal and whichever lucky playwright gets paired with him will be able to work with a wonderful resource. He is also talking to another Dramaturge that I would be ecstatic to have on the team. I can't say who, until it is confirmed. I am just glad that everything is falling into place (with the help of many phone calls and emails) before September!

No comments:

Post a Comment