Total Pageviews

Monday, June 8, 2009

Dates and Times and Things to Do...

Board meeting last night. it is a bit of a challenge to wear both hats, but I try to get all my A.D. material done and in my report so that I can focus on the Secretarial duties while at the meeting. The report works like a bit of a checklist for myself as well, because in it I can see what I have done and what is still on the to-do or pending list. One of the big things I am working on is compiling a calendar for the 2 years of my term so that I can hand that to the next A.D. so that they might have a framework from which to approach the theatre. I have a skeletal calendar framed out and gradually I am filling up the days with items as they come. I am also using this as a communication tool with the Directors so that they can see at a glance what is in the space. I don't want them to have any unhappy surprises that will affect their diligent planning!

We have some exciting ideas for membership/community development. One of the ongoing refrains we hear from our members is the need for ongoing social activity in addition to the shows. A member may not be in a show every year, but they still want to see other members. So, we hope to revisit a more social atmosphere at the AGM, as well as incorporating "play reading parties" and a Christmas Variety Show. These are on the table, in any case. The next big thing will be a Season Wrap Party. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment