Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Introducing Alan Westen, Sound Operator for Summer and Smoke

What is your role on this production? Sound Operator. Operates the sound console and all reproduction equipment during Technical Week and performance.

What do you do in your 'real' life? Currently I’m employed as a Marketing Designer with a North American based company with the head office based in Atlanta Georgia. My job entails supplying graphic elements to other branches in Canada and the west coast of the continental US.

What drew you to this show? Janet Maclean contacted me in September and asked if I would be interested in the sound operator position for this production.

What is your background in theatre? I’m a graduate of the Arts Administration and Visual Communication Programs at MacEwan University (formerly known as Grant MacEwan Community College). My major in the Visual Communications Program was 3 Dimensional Graphic Design. As well as Sound Operator, I’ve recently let it be known that I was interested in being more involved in the Master Builder role for a production. As well, I would like to learn the role of Lighting Operator and Set Designer.

Share with us a favorite memory involving either summer or smoke. Spending time around a camp fire and listening to the summer evening sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment