Total Pageviews

Friday, May 6, 2011

A Manicure is Wasted on Me...

This week I spent 2 days in the theatre painting the set pieces for From Cradle to Stage. There isn't actually much to do because the shows this year are very minimalist in their requirements. Although it wasn't much work, it was good practice for the next show for me at Walterdale. I am Set Designer and Master Painter for Village of Idiots and I will have quite a bit more to do on that set.

For right now, my nails are in rough shape and there are still bits of grey and black paint that I haven't quite managed to get off. I am looking forward to seeing the pieces under stage lighting on Monday night so I can see if I have anything else to do to make them look right.

From Cradle to Stage opens Wednesday, May 18th and features work from 3 Alberta playwrights: Robert Zimmer, Sherryl Melnyk and Mike Czuba. It is a great opportunity to be in the first audiences to experience these works. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment