Total Pageviews

Monday, January 24, 2011

Hunting Rabbits...

We are so close we can taste it... Actually, there is so much food in Rabbit Hole that I can imagine that some of the actors leave each rehearsal quite full. Creme caramel, Birthday cake, Lemon bars and Torte... it doesn't end.

The set is pretty much done. It is beautiful. We can thank Joan Hawkins, our illustrious set designer for the design and leadership in it's completion. She had the skills of Pierre Valois, our master builder and his building crew as well as the ever-growing painting team she has cultivated at Walterdale over the past few years. This has been a show with no shortage of help, that is for sure! Getting the set so early is such a benefit for the cast. Since the set is a home for Howie and Becca, getting to live in it a little longer than usual for a show is a blessing.

This is the last week to fine tune before we add full tech at Q2Q this weekend. It is already in such fine shape, for me, as Director, I am enjoying the luxury of nit-picking (I hope my actors are enjoying it too...). I also had a great time today looking for show gifts and working on my cards. For those of you who have ever done a show with me, you will know that I am all about the show gifts! They are always silly, thematic and a lot of fun! I love the celebration of a new show!

No comments:

Post a Comment