Total Pageviews

Friday, October 22, 2010

Much To Do with Much Ado!

Much Ado About Nothing moved into the theatre this week. I am doing Props for the show so I was in for the Production Meeting last night and to start a bit of the props pull. The Cast was treated to their walk-through to familiarize themselves with the space and then some of them had a rehearsal afterwards. I saw some fun character work happening with Assistant Director Monica Roberts and then popped in on a hilarious scene being blocked by Director Anne Marie Szucs.

My props pull was partially successful. I still have quite a few things to find, but I have leads on all of them. Walterdale has a really fun Props room with a lot of things, but sometimes it takes a bit of digging to find what you want. I have also been building at home. I have the bases made for the 16 masks and all I need to do is decorate them and attach the sticks. I can't do the latter until the choreography is set because I don't know what side to put them on. I am also building an Inkhorn and will be working on scrolls and some scabbards for swords. I will be pulling out the glue gun and sparkles so that makes me happy!
I went in this afternoon and met with the Costume Designer Ephram di Medicci and saw his designs and got some fabric scraps to match the masks to. We also sorted out the swords. We decided that we need to check with the Director about which swords to use - we have 4 sabers and 2 pairs of Rapier (both pairs are quite different). Both options require work so the sooner we know which way to go, the better. It's all about communication with everyone involved to make sure the right choice is made. It is better to talk about it first before you spend the time and money to acquire the wrong thing.
I am having fun this season. So far I am involved hands on for the first three shows. I painted on Perfect Pie, now Props for Much Ado and also Directing Rabbit Hole. I am sure there will be some place I can contribute to Threepenny. The One Acts are almost a given with the AD being involved and I am hoping to contribute to set in some way for Village of Idiots (I want to be Master Painter, but it all depends on who the Designer is). One thing I love about Walterdale is that you can certainly learn to do all jobs if you work at it! Since I feel like I know the AD job, it is great to add some other skills to my repertoire!

No comments:

Post a Comment