Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Opening Tonight!


You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown! opens tonight at Walterdale Theatre. Although not technically part of my season, I did work on it (all those backdrops - that was me and my paint brush - well, not just me...) and I am looking forward to seeing it. I am taking the boys and I think it will be a great show for them to see. I hope that it sticks to it's promised 2 hour running time because I am bringing children, but the nice thing is because it is summer they can sleep in tomorrow if need be. The boys saw the Silly Summer Parade and uncoached declared the YAGMCB to be the best thing in the parade, so they are keen to see it.


I had hoped that the new season brochures would be ready for tonight's opening, but unfortunately they are not. I am not sure what the hold-up is. I had thought we got it together soon enough to have it be finished in time. It appears not. It highlights one of the frustrating elements to this position. If you lack the skills to get something done yourself, you are always relying on someone else to do it for you and it's hard to manage the situation without nagging. Almost everyone at Walterdale has another 'day job' so you have to respect that to a certain extent. I feel frustrated because if I could do it myself, I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment