Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Four down... 1 to go...

We now have confirmed the rights to 4 of the 5 shows. Ah. I anticipate no problems with the remaining one, but it is the first one of the season so I want those rights asap so that we can launch the season and set auditions.

I spent the morning in at the theatre today. I planned to get a lot more work done than I actually did, but it was good to chat with the Administrator and I did get a number of questions answered about my job and how I want to proceed. There are challenges to running an organization where everyone pretty much has another day job. There has to be a bit of flexibility with expectations while still maintaining the standards of the association. I hope to develop ways to help people do that.

The big job I started today was writing the "Thank you" letters for those individuals who submitted pieces to direct that were not selected. I had many good people (with good plays) submit, but there are only 5 slots in the season and I did want to direct myself. I am hoping that some of them can still participate with Walterdale in some capacity despite not getting to direct this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment