Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Simply Magic!

I am always impressed the most by those things that I cannot do myself. Other than a quilt or a button I do not sew. Quilts hide your mistakes and buttons are pretty easy. So, when it comes to costumes I am usually so grateful when someone steps forward to make them. The simplest of costumes impress me. The costumes I saw on the cast of Much Ado About Nothing, however, blow me away! Ephram Di Medicci and his crew of stitchers and sewers have created a fabulous world in fabric. The ladies look stunning, the men handsome, and the upstairs of Walterdale swirls with cream and gold and lace and brocade. This show, with a cast of 19 (some of whom wear more than one costume), has been almost entirely built. All of the women wear custom made corsets. All the of the dress reach to the floor. Everything laces up with gold braid and cream coloured ribbons. The cleavage is bountiful and beautiful. I am truly amazed by all of the costumes and I cannot wait to see them on the set in proper light. It's going to be so pretty!

http://gallery.radgrandpa.com/Event-Photography/Theatre/Much-Ado-About-Nothing/13838847_9WdP9#1014307118_nQ53o

No comments:

Post a Comment