Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Next Season Thinking Already...

I like getting things done well in advance. I find it lowers my stress and in my life anything that lowers my stress is a good thing. So, I am starting to think about NEXT season (2010-11). The next Walterdale newsletter will have the request for submissions for the season. These should include a copy of the play along with a Director's Analysis/Plan of Action (I want to see that the Director submitting understands the challenges of the piece, particularly if they are a new Director). I get many scripts submitted to me without Directors attached. I also got 21 submissions last year from Directors. It makes for a lot of reading. A bit of the work is technically done. The show I want to direct is in the queue and the DONOR VOTED SHOW is narrowed down to three and technically out of my hands (I have already done my reading there). As for the Donor Voted Show, we are busy planning a fun evening to thank the donors and coordinate the voting. This will take place in January and will feature readings from each of the three shows up for selection (The Seagull, Much Ado About Nothing, and Hedda Gabler). I hope it will be a close race as I have my favorite, but I actually tend to flip between 2 of them and I have heard plenty of interest in the third selection, so who knows which one it will be?

In further news, I should find out this week which of the One Acts will be produced at From Cradle to Stage in May. I am waiting to hear form our dramaturges so that I can set up the process for dramaturgy. Stay posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment